These are the TOP 10 software packages I currently use for my image and video editing and the hardware I use to run them on.
Surprisingly six of the ten programs can be had FREE for non-commercial use!
While four are paid or subscription model products.
Links to all the applications both free and paid are at the bottom of page.
What I edit still images with:
- Adobe Creative Cloud Lightroom Classic
- Adobe Creative Cloud Photoshop
- Skylum Luminar 2018 (Jupiter update!)
- Topaz Studio
- Microsoft ICE
Image developer and catalog
Still image artistic effects
Focus stacker by Heribert Cypionka
My image catalog database is currently
- Adobe Creative Cloud Lightroom (Image developer and catalog)
What I try to bash together videos with:
- Blackmagic DaVnci Resolve 15
- Adobe Premier Elements 9
Insanely powerful video and audio editor
video editor lite
Correction: hiccup appears fixed with the final GA release of DaVinci Resolve 15 now available!
- ASUS ProArt PA248 (Main image editing display)
- Samsung SyncMaster BX2350 (Text and control panels)
The eater of bits
- Custom built Intel I7 system with
- 32Gb RAM
- 250Gb SSD + 500Gb SSD + 4Tb sata3 + 2 * 1Tb sata2 internal drives
- Radeon R9 4Gb video card with 3 hdmi/dvi outputs
- Wacom Intuos 3 9*12 tablet
- Spyder Pro (colorimeter)
Backup & Stability
- Acronis TruImage 2018 (data backup)
- A random array of Western Digital external drives (backup medium, on and offsite)
- Apc UPS units (power stabilization)
Here are the links to all the products if you want to get any them
(Full disclosure: I do use affiliate links for some products, you do not need to use them)
Adobe Photography bundle includes both Lightroom & Photoshop for $9.99us/month at
Skylum Luminar is available for 99$Cdn at http://bit.ly/luminarpp
Adobe Premier Elements is available from Amazon here Adobe Premiere Elements 2018
Acronis TruImage 2018 for 29.99$us (search the web for discount coupons!) at http://bit.ly/Acronispp
The following six products I use can all be downloaded and used for free!
BlackMagic DaVinci Resolve 15 (video/audio editor) for free at http://bit.ly/resolvepp (non commercial use)
Topaz Studio for free at http://bit.ly/Topazst (Pro adjustment packs are at extra cost, if you want them.)
Microsoft ICE (Panorama stitcher) for free at http://bit.ly/msICEpp
Picolay (Focus stacker) for free at http://bit.ly/picolay
Handbrake (video converter) https://handbrake.fr/
Audacity (audio editor) for free at http://bit.ly/audaditypp
qDslrDashboard (remote camera control) for free win/mac and paid app for android/ios at http://bit.ly/2IVppWf
Wired and wireless camera control, timelapse with bramping, focus stacking, quite a powerful package.